We’ve had quite an eventful week around here! Travis has been traveling for work but the kids and I have been going non stop for a variety of activities. I can’t believe we’re going to have a Kindergartner as of next week…I swear he was just born the other day! We are so thankful that he’s had a really great school year and has made so much progress. Because of this he gets to take the whole summer off and will not attend the summer program this year! Surprisingly, he’s not super thrilled about not having school for almost three months. We’ll have to remind him of this when he’s 15!
We’re joining in on the Friday Five this week to share Five things that happened this week:
- Cubs Vs Mets: Work travel brought Travis down to NYC this week and he was able to sneak in a baseball game. We’ve got a friend that lives just outside of the city so they try to check off new stadiums often.
- Student of the Month: We got a letter a few weeks back notifying us that Parker was selected as one of the Pre-K students of the month for the month of May. The school does an awards ceremony the following month, so we attended that earlier this week. The students don’t find out that they were selected until the ceremony so it was fun to see him get so excited about his award and pencil!
- Park time: The weather this week has been perfect, so we’ve been spending as much time outside as possible. We were looking for a change of scenery so we opted for the park earlier in the week.
- Family Day: Typically all of the students at Parker’s school get a beach day at the end of the year. This year was a little different. With safety in mind (I can’t imagine how hard it would be to keep track of nearly 40 littles at the beach) the Pre-Kers opted to have a family day at the school. They rented a water slide and several bounce houses, had a water balloon fight, brought in a sno-cone machine, and ordered pizza for all of the students. Families were invited to spend the afternoon with the kids. Parker had so much fun! I think this was an excellent substitute for beach day.
- Cars 3: We’ve been anticipating this movie for a loooong time! Parker loves the Cars series so he should really enjoy seeing this in the theater tonight as a special treat!